Job Class: Laborer
Class Status: Active
Department: SGC - BED
Type of Position: Non-Exempt
Location of Work: Juneau, AK
Salary Grade(s): G- 8
Prepared by: D. Wilson
Regular Hours of Work: M-F, 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
Employment Category: Regular, Full-Time
We are looking for a dependable, experienced, and responsible construction laborer to join SGC construction company. Take pride in working alongside other respected construction crewmembers to provide top-quality construction services in both commercial and residential settings. Construction laborers have many duties on job sites that help jobs run smoother, including cleaning, and preparing sites to ensure debris is properly removed, building scaffolding, sheetrock, and other temporary structures, operating, and maintaining equipment and digging trenches.
Reports To: Construction Foreman Supervises: N/A
Liaison To: N/A
- Operate and care for construction equipment and
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools, including drills, forklifts, skid loaders and other tools as directed by management.
- Help equipment operators, carpenters, and other skilled labor when
- Prep construction sites by clearing obstacles and
- Load or unload constructions
- Put together and take down temporary structures, such as
- Remove, fill, or compact
- Follow instructions from supervisors
- Assist other craft
- Perform site clean-
- Ability to travel for out-of-town work when
- Follow all safety procedures on the job site and report violations immediately to safety director, management, foreman or HR in accordance with incidence reporting procedures established by the company.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
Spending Authority: N/A Other Authority: N/A
NECESSARY SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Physical strength and stamina
- Manual dexterity and coordination
- Strong reading and math skills
- Building and mechanical knowledge
- Excellent vision and depth perception
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skills)
- Valid Driver’s License
- At least 18 years of age
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skills)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3 years of construction experience
UNUSUAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OR RESTRICTIONS
The majority of work is performed onsite, with inclement weather conditions and requires walking, standing, bending, and carrying of items weighing up to 75 lbs. Travel on small aircraft or ferry may be required.
CONDITIONS OF HIRE:
- All employment at Tlingit & Haida is “at will”. This means that the employee or Tlingit & Haida may terminate employment at any time and for any reason. Unless specified in writing, no term of employment is expressed or implied for this position.
- Tlingit & Haida is a no tolerance workplace. All regular employees may be required to pass a pre-employment and subsequent random drug and alcohol screening to be eligible for and maintain employment.
- Tlingit & Haida requires a criminal background check be conducted on all All employment offers are conditional until federal criminal background check results verify your eligibility to work for Tlingit & Haida.