Administrative Clerk II
Job Class: Administrative Clerk
Location of Work: Klawock, AK
Salary Grade(s): 5
Hours of Work: M-F; 8:00am - 4:30pm
Employment Category: Regular Full-Time
Type of Position: Non-Exempt
Covered Position: Yes
Under general supervision, Administrative clerks II work independently to provide a full range of clerical assignments of average difficulty as assigned or defined by established procedures.
Reports To: Varies by Department
Supervises: May supervise a clerk I, or volunteer. Liaison To: N/A
- Provide a full range of reception se Respond to requests for information from the public or employees by answering the phone, greeting the public, mailing program information, and making referrals.
- Pick up, receive, open, date stamp, and deliver mail and/or other
- Update files, and maintain a variety of records such as addresses, telephone numbers, vacation schedules, attendance and timesheets, numerical logs, ledgers, and client
- Photocopy documents, collate, assemble, and distribute
- Type or produce reports or correspondence utilizing word processing, spreadsheet, and other business software.
- Receive, review, and compare documents, forms, or applications for completeness and accuracy
- Responsible for follow-up work to ensure all applications are complete with all necessary data and supporting documents.
- Perform complex data entry tasks for which there is a moderate variation of formats and procedures and with general instruction s for coding and entering data; check and correct entry for input errors.
- Gathers and records statistical information for reporting
- Prepares and assembles large mail-outs of program
- Assists prospective clients and co-workers by explaining steps, appropriate forms, procedures, and program requirements for transactions, services, and other program
- Monitor and maintain office supplies and
- Assist with maintaining data base for
- Assists in scheduling and general set up tasks for meetings in local communities as
- Assist with special projects as
- Other related duties as
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
Spending Authority: NIA Other Authority: NIA
NECESSARY SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to work independently and perform clerical assignments with moderate
- Ability to read, comprehend, explain, and apply written
- Working knowledge of business practices, correspondence and typing formats, including correct English grammar, spelling, and
- Working knowledge of filing and record keeping
- Ability to recognize differences among data, facts, objects, or
- Ability to compare data from two or more sources for accuracy and
- Ability to operate office equipment
- Ability to greet visitors, answer the phone and answer or refer incoming inquiries from the
- Ability to perform complex data entry
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite software and the use of computer
- Ability to follow oral and written
- Familiarity with Tlingit, Haida, and Tsimshian
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skills)
- High School Diploma or GED,
- Certified Computer Training in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS
- 1 year of experience (paid or volunteer) performing duties related to office or clerical
- Minimum typing speed of 40 words per
- Valid Driver’s License (may be a requirement for some )
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skills)
- Certified completion of computer training for entire MS Office Suite
UNUSUAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OR RESTRICTIONS
The majority of work is performed in a professional office setting and is generally sedentary, requiring routine walking, standing, bending, and carrying of items weighing less than 40 lbs. Travel on small aircraft or ferry may be required.
CONDITIONS OF HIRE:
• All employment at Tlingit & Haida is “at will”. This means that the employee or Tlingit & Haida may terminate employment at any time and for any reason. Unless specified in writing, no term of employment is expressed or implied for this position.
• Tlingit & Haida is a no tolerance workplace. All regular employees may be required to pass a pre-employment and subsequent random drug and alcohol screening to be eligible for and maintain employment.
• Tlingit & Haida requires a criminal background check be conducted on all employees. All employment offers are conditional until federal criminal background check results verify your eligibility to work for Tlingit & Haida.