Child Care Development Technician
Job Class: Technician
Department: Child Care
Type of Position: Exempt
Location of Work: Juneau, AK
Covered Position: Yes
Salary Grade(s): 7
Prepared by: A. Bagoyo/J. Wise
Hours of Work: M-F, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Employment Category: Regular, Full-Time
Effective Date: 6/1/2019
Provide technical support to the staff and clients of the Child Care Department. Works directly with parents, and providers to determine eligibility of persons applying to receive assistance from CCDBG programs.
Reports To: Child Care Manager
Liaison To: Temporary Assistance to Needy Families
- Responsible for reading, understanding, and interpreting State, Federal Tribal codes and procedural manuals.
- Responsible for ensuring that all applications are complete and include necessary data and supporting documents. Schedules clients with complete applications to meet with the Child Care Manager and/or Child Care Specialist
- Establish and maintain confidential records and files and must record statistical information
- Responsible for maintaining the Child Care Library
- Gather and compile statistical information and prepare regular and recurring reports, this may involve researching files, contacting clients or vendors, or other outside sources to obtain missing information or to correct information
- Regularly conducts audits of all assigned client files corrects and reporting or data entry errors found, recalculates and makes adjustments for incorrect benefit payments
- Establish eligibility based on application
- Process all internal paperwork for the client such as requesting checks, writing referrals etc.
- Coordinate work by scheduling assignments and may oversee the work of other clerical employees
- Process check requests, purchase orders for clients participating in the program
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
Spending Authority: N/A
Other Authority: N/A
NECESSARY SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of correct business practices, correspondence, and typing formats including English grammar, composition, spelling and punctuation
- Ability to read and comprehend regulation, procedures, and policies; apply them to specific situations; and explain them to the public and others
- Knowledge of interviewing techniques
- Ability to evaluate and recommend changes in eligibility
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic, such as fractions, decimals and percentages
- Basic knowledge of accounting systems
- Ability to work independently and prioritize workload
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Suite Programs
- Above average case management skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent prioritization and time management
- Ability to practice tact, courtesy, and discretion
- Experience working with Native American clientele and understanding of cultural needs
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skills)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three years’ experience in a closely related position
UNUSUAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OR RESTRICTIONS
The majority of work is performed in a professional office setting and is generally sedentary, requiring routine walking, standing, bending, and carrying of items weighing less than 40 lbs. Travel on small aircraft or ferry may be required.
CONDITIONS OF HIRE:
• All employment at Tlingit & Haida is “at will”. This means that the employee or Tlingit & Haida may terminate employment at any time and for any reason. Unless specified in writing, no term of employment is expressed or implied for this position.
• Tlingit & Haida is a no tolerance workplace. All regular employees may be required to pass a pre-employment and subsequent random drug and alcohol screening to be eligible for and maintain employment.
• Tlingit & Haida requires a criminal background check be conducted on all employees. All employment offers are conditional until federal criminal background check results verify your eligibility to work for Tlingit & Haida.