Job Class: Coordinator
Type of Position: Non-Exempt
Location of Work: Juneau, AK
Covered Position: Yes
Salary Grade(s): 10-11
Prepared by: J. Fox/L. Jim
Hours of Work: M-F, 8:00AM – 4:30PM
Employment Category: Regular Full Time
Effective Date: 8.01.2021
The Procurement Coordinator will establish and assist with procurement activities for all departments, including agreements for professional services and non-professional services to include contracts, agreements, leases and purchasing.
Reports To: Procurement Officer
Liaison To: Procurement Officer and outside Vendors
• Procure operational direct-charge items in association with materials procurement policies and procedures
• Assist Procurement Officer to create and maintain policies and procedures leveraging GSA purchasing benefits
• Maintain standard operating procedures throughout departments with procurement and oversite of inventory control systems
• Provide educational and technical support for all departments in purchasing procedures
• Review outstanding orders and new purchase orders based off criteria (critical need, etc.)
• Evaluate items to purchase; secure proper quotes to meet needs of business while maintaining pricing integrity
• Develop sources of supply, maintain purchasing records, follow price trends, and perform availability lead-time checks
• Assist inventory counts and contract administration in the implementation and monitoring of purchasing agreements, authorize and release orders per agreements
• Take appropriate action based on inventory plan, storage capability, and forecast consumption.
• Make inventory recommendations
• Develop appropriate purchasing reference library including parts manual, cross-reference material and general supply catalogs necessary to support proper procurement
• Perform expediting services; communicate order status to customers as appropriate
• Perform supply close procedures monthly
• Review invoices for price discrepancies, freight terms and assist accounts payable with timely settlements of outstanding issues
• Provide guidance and education to end users as required
• Assist in the development of contract and procurement procedures SOP
• Other duties may be assigned
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
Spending Authority: TBD
NECESSARY SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Knowledge of Tribal policies and procedures, and Federal and State regulations
• Work in a team environment
• Basic knowledge of good business practices
• Knowledge of procurement policies and procedures
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Working knowledge of an inventory management system
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong communication and customer service skills
• Ability to multi-task daily and prioritize those tasks
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skills)
• Associates Degree
• 2 years related experience
• Valid Drivers’ License
Substitution for Degree
• High School diploma or GED and
• 4 years related experience
• 3 years’ experience in professional procurement or Inventory Control
• 3 years’ experience in a warehouse setting/working with inventory management systems
UNUSUAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OR RESTRICTIONS
The majority of work is performed in a professional office setting and is generally sedentary, requiring routine walking, standing, bending, and carrying of items weighing less than 40 lbs. Travel on small aircraft or ferry may be required.
CONDITIONS OF HIRE:
• All employment at Tlingit & Haida is “at will”. This means that the employee or Tlingit & Haida may terminate employment at any time and for any reason. Unless specified in writing, no term of employment is expressed or implied for this position.
• Tlingit & Haida is a no tolerance workplace. All regular employees may be required to pass a pre-employment and subsequent random drug and alcohol screening to be eligible for and maintain employment.
• Tlingit & Haida requires a criminal background check be conducted on all employees. All employment offers are conditional until federal criminal background check results verify your eligibility to work for Tlingit & Haida.
Your application was submitted successfully.