Administrative Clerk II
Job Class: Administrative Clerk
Type of Position: Non-Exempt
Location of Work: Juneau, AK
Covered Position: Yes
Salary Grade(s): 5
Hours of Work: M-F, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Employment Category: Regular Full-Time
Under general supervision, Administrative clerks II work independently to provide a full range of clerical assignments of average difficulty as assigned or defined by established procedures.
Reports To: Varies by Department
Supervises: May supervise a clerk I, or volunteer.
Liaison To: N/A
• Provide a full range of reception services. Respond to requests for information from the public or employees by answering the phone, greeting the public, mailing program information, and making referrals.
• Pick up, receive, open, date stamp, and deliver mail and/or other materials.
• Update files, and maintain a variety of records such as addresses, telephone numbers, vacation schedules, attendance and timesheets, numerical logs, ledgers, and client files.
• Photocopy documents, collate, assemble, and distribute materials.
• Type or produce reports or correspondence utilizing word processing, spreadsheet, and other business software.
• Receive, review, and compare documents, forms, or applications for completeness and accuracy.
• Responsible for follow-up work to ensure all applications are complete with all necessary data and supporting documents.
• Perform complex data entry tasks for which there is a moderate variation of formats and procedures and with general instructions for coding and entering data; check and correct entry for input errors.
• Gathers and records statistical information for reporting purposes.
• Assist with travel arrangements as necessary.
• Prepares and assembles large mail-outs of program materials.
• Assists prospective clients and co-workers by explaining steps, appropriate forms, procedures, and program requirements for transactions, services, and other program activities.
• Monitor and maintain office supplies and materials.
• Assist with maintaining data base for program.
• Assists in scheduling and general set up tasks for meetings in local communities as requested.
• Assist with special projects as assigned.
• Other related duties as assigned.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
Spending Authority: N/A
Other Authority: N/A
NECESSARY SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Ability to work independently and perform clerical assignments with moderate direction.
• Ability to read, comprehend, explain, and apply written procedures.
• Working knowledge of business practices, correspondence and typing formats, including correct English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
• Working knowledge of filing and record keeping systems.
• Ability to recognize differences among data, facts, objects, or material.
• Ability to compare data from two or more sources for accuracy and completeness.
• Ability to operate office equipment
• Ability to greet visitors, answer the phone and answer or refer incoming inquiries from the public.
• Ability to perform complex data entry tasks.
• Working knowledge of MS Office Suite software and the use of computer systems.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
• Familiarity with Tlingit, Haida, and Tsimshian cultures.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skills)
• High School Diploma or GED
• 1 year of experience (paid or volunteer) performing duties related to office or clerical support
• Minimum typing speed of 40 words per minute
• Valid Drivers License
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skills)
• Certified completion of computer training for entire MS Office Suite programs.
UNUSUAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OR RESTRICTIONS
The majority of work is performed in a professional office setting and is generally sedentary, requiring routine walking, standing, bending, and carrying of items weighing less than 40 lbs. Travel on small aircraft or ferry may be required.
CONDITIONS OF HIRE:
• All employment at Tlingit & Haida is “at will”. This means that the employee or Tlingit & Haida may terminate employment at any time and for any reason. Unless specified in writing, no term of employment is expressed or implied for this position
• Tlingit & Haida is a no tolerance workplace. All regular employees must pass an initial and random drug and alcohol screening to be eligible for and maintain employment.
• Tlingit & Haida requires a criminal background check for the safety of our clients. All employment offers are conditional until Tlingit & Haida has received a Federal criminal background check verifying eligibility to work in these programs.
Your application was submitted successfully.