Rescue Funds Customer Service Technician
Job Class: Technician
Department: Self Governance
Type of Position: Non-Exempt
Location of Work: Juneau, AK
Covered Position: Yes
Salary Grade(s): 7
Prepared by: C. Gilbert/J. Wise
Hours of Work: M-F, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Employment Category: Regular, Full-Time
Effective Date: 5.1.2021
The Customer Service Technician will respond to citizen concerns and provide communication to citizens by phone, email, and social media.
Reports To: Rescue Funds Program Coordinator
Liaison To: All Departments
• Address citizen concerns: clarify, determine cause, select and explain best solution; expedite correction and follow up
• Assist in managing and responding to citizen concerns posted on the Tribe’s social media
• Respond to citizen concerns via phone and email
• Review/verify information in TribeVue
• Document citizen concerns in approved log or file
• Other duties as assigned
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
Spending Authority: N/A
Other Authority: N/A
NECESSARY SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Strong writing skills and ability to communicate effectively
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work independently and prioritize workload
• Ability to organize and maintain confidential records
• Ability to compare data for accuracy and completeness; identify discrepancies or inaccuracies, and make necessary corrections
• Proficient with online communications and social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and website content management systems
• Ability to work effectively with managers, employees, tribal leaders and tribal citizens
• Familiarity with Tlingit, Haida, and Tsimshian cultures
• Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skills)
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 3 years clerical experience
UNUSUAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OR RESTRICTIONS
The majority of work is performed in a professional office setting and is generally sedentary, requiring routine walking, standing, bending, and carrying of items weighing less than 40 lbs. Travel on small aircraft or ferry may be required.
CONDITIONS OF HIRE:
• All employment at Tlingit & Haida is “at will”. This means that the employee or Tlingit & Haida may terminate employment at any time and for any reason. Unless specified in writing, no term of employment is expressed or implied for this position.
• Tlingit & Haida is a no tolerance workplace. All regular employees may be required to pass a pre-employment and subsequent random drug and alcohol screening to be eligible for and maintain employment.
• Tlingit & Haida requires a criminal background check be conducted on all employees. All employment offers are conditional until federal criminal background check results verify your eligibility to work for Tlingit & Haida.
Your application was submitted successfully.