Job Class: Program Manager
Type of Position: Exempt
Location of Work: Juneau, Alaska
Covered Position: Yes
Salary Grade(s): 12-14
Prepared by: W. Martin/J. Wise
Hours of Work: 8:00 – 4:30
Employment Category: Regular Full-Time
Effective Date: 10/27/2016
Responsible for the daily management of the 477 Tribal Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) Program, including, but not limited to hiring and supervision of all TANF personnel, grant writing, budget development/monitoring, preparation and submittal of all required financial and narrative reports, development/maintenance of program level policies and procedures, and monitoring of Caseworker use of the client services database.
Reports To: 477 Director
Supervises: All TANF Employees
Liaison To: N/A
• Responsible for the daily operation of the TANF Program.
• Develop program projects, and set short and long term strategic goals.
• Exercise discretion, judgment and responsibility for established program objectives, and resolving disputes.
• Develop and update TANF Program policies and procedures in accordance with program guidelines.
• Serve as a member of the CCTHITA management team both representing the program and working for the success of the tribe as a whole.
• Supervise TANF program staff, which may include: hiring, monitoring, coaching, staff development, evaluations, dispute resolution, progressive discipline, and termination.
• Conduct staff meetings on a regular basis.
• Ongoing monitoring of caseload assignments to ensure equitability amongst caseworkers.
• Develop and/or Coordinate training sessions for employees in all areas of the 477 TANF Program, including, but not limited to, program guidelines, procedures, casework, the client services database, requirements of alternative financial assistance, and program reporting.
• Conduct random and periodic quality improvement and compliance audits of case files to ensure required documentation is present, eligibility calculations are within guidelines, case plan is in place with measurable objectives, and case notes document Clients and Caseworkers efforts and activities.
• Prepare and submit required financial and narrative reports in a timely manner.
• Monitor program budget and ensure financial reporting requirements are met.
• Work with the Case Management Team and Business Systems Analyst to identify and resolve data entry and technical application issues in client management system to comply with funding requirements and internal controls.
• Collaborate with the Business Systems Analyst to create and manage configuration control and update documents related to modifications in client management system as needed.
• Partner with other CCTHITA programs to identify, prepare, and submit proposals for collaborative grant opportunities.
• Responsible for identifying and writing grants to maintain and enhance TANF Program.
• Develop and maintain accurate, complete and confidential records.
• Other duties as assigned
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
Spending Authority: up to $5,000
Other Authority: Create and monitor program budgets
NECESSARY SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills.
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to decisions with limited information.
• Working knowledge in Excel, MS Word, Outlook, Databases, and Power Point.
• Strong time management and organizational skills.
• Excellent negotiation and dispute resolution skills.
• Professional level public speaking skills
• Ability to conduct efficient investigations
• Excellent writing and grammatical skills.
• Knowledge of all financial assistance programs offered by 477 Department.
• Excellent Case Management skills.
• Ability to coach and provide training to client service staff.
• Strong supervisory skills.
• Ability to thrive in a constantly changing, fast paced, growing, and demanding environment.
• Ability to analyze and interpret complex information from multiple sources.
• Ability to communicate well and maintain excellent working relationships.
• Ability to network with other departments and community service providers.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skills)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or closely related field
• 2 yrs experience as a Program Coordinator, Specialist or equivalent position
• 2 yrs supervisory experience
• Valid driver’s license
• Associates Degree in Social work or closely related field.
• 4 years’ experience as a Program Coordinator, Specialist, or equivalent.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skills)
• Four years’ experience in TANF (or similar program) Management.
UNUSUAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OR RESTRICTIONS
The majority of work is performed in a professional office setting and is generally sedentary, requiring routine walking, standing, bending, and carrying of items weighing less than 40 lbs. Travel on small aircraft or ferry may be required.
CONDITIONS OF HIRE:
• All employment at Tlingit & Haida is “at will”. This means that the employee or Tlingit & Haida may terminate employment at any time and for any reason. Unless specified in writing, no term of employment is expressed or implied for this position.
• Tlingit & Haida is a no tolerance workplace. All regular employees may be required to pass a pre-employment and subsequent random drug and alcohol screening to be eligible for and maintain employment.
• Tlingit & Haida requires a criminal background check be conducted on all employees. All employment offers are conditional until federal criminal background check results verify your eligibility to work for Tlingit & Haida.
Your application was submitted successfully.