Job Class: Technician
Department: Head Start
Type of Position: Non-Exempt
Location of Work: Juneau, AK
Covered Position: Yes
Salary Grade(s): 7
Prepared by: C.Green/J.Wise
Hours of Work: M-F, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Employment Category: Regular, Full-Time - 45 weeks a year
Effective Date: 2.01.2021
The Data Technician is responsible for data entry as a member of the Head Start data team. Incumbent will enter program information into the Head Start database and other specified record-keeping and reporting systems. Incumbent will also assist with maintaining program files both current and archived. Duties will also include to compile and distribute program reports and assist on other projects as assigned.
Reports To: Data Specialist
Liaison To: N/A
• Responsible for accurate and timely entry of assigned program service data into the Child Plus database
• Responsible for entering and retrieving data from other record-keeping and reporting systems such as the ASQ Online database and internal servers connected with Head Start
• Assist the Data team in scanning documents into the database
• Establish and maintain assigned program files and program binders both current and archived
• Prepare and submit requested data management system reports
• Perform periodic audits of Child Plus and program files to ensure records are current and complete
• Assist with data collection and completion of Program Information Report (PIR)
• Follow agency and program confidentiality policies
• Participate in regular staff and supervisory meetings, and all required training
• Operate general office equipment as needed
• Other duties as assigned
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
Spending Authority: N/A
NECESSARY SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Outlook, and Adobe
• Must be detail-oriented
• Demonstrate excellent proofreading skills
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills
• Understanding of Tlingit, Haida, and Tsimshian cultures
• Ability to multitask while remaining organized is required
• Ability to work independently in a deadline-driven team environment
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skills)
• High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
• 3 years related experience
• Type 45 words per minute
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skills)
• 1-year experience as a Data Technician
• 1-year experience with Child Plus
• Experience auditing and proofreading
UNUSUAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OR RESTRICTIONS
The majority of work is performed in a professional office setting and is generally sedentary, requiring routine walking, standing, bending, and carrying of items weighing less than 40 lbs. Travel on small aircraft or ferry may be required.
CONDITIONS OF HIRE:
• All employment at Tlingit & Haida is “at will”. This means that the employee or Tlingit & Haida may terminate employment at any time and for any reason. Unless specified in writing, no term of employment is expressed or implied for this position.
• Tlingit & Haida is a no tolerance workplace. All regular employees may be required to pass a pre-employment and subsequent random drug and alcohol screening to be eligible for and maintain employment.
• Tlingit & Haida requires a criminal background check be conducted on all employees. All employment offers are conditional until federal criminal background check results verify your eligibility to work for Tlingit & Haida.
Your application was submitted successfully.