Administrative Clerk II
Job Class: Administrative Clerk
Department: Tribal Court - VOC
Type of Position: Non-Exempt
Location of Work: Juneau, AK
Covered Position: Yes
Salary Grade(s): 5
Hours of Work: M-F, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Employment Category: Regular Full-Time
The Administrative Clerk II will assist with the daily program operation in accordance with established court operation, policies and procedures. Provide technical and administrative assistance to the Clerk of the Court, Judges, clients and other involved parties having business with the Tribal Court Victims of Crime Office. Under general supervision, incumbent will work independently to provide a full range of clerical support of average difficulty as assigned or defined by established procedures.
Reports To: VOC Coordinator
Liaison To: N/A
• Respond to requests for information by answering the phone, greeting the public, mailing program information, and making referrals
• Pick up, receive, open, date stamp, and deliver mail and/or other materials
• Update files and maintain a variety of records such as: contact information, attendance and timesheets, numerical logs, ledgers, and client files
• Photocopy, collate, assemble, and distribute materials
• Draft reports or correspondence using work processing, spreadsheet and other business software
• Receive, review, and compare document, forms, petitions and motions for completeness and accuracy
• Ensure all applications are complete with all necessary data and supporting documents
• Perform complex data entry with moderate variation of formats and procedures, and with general instructions for coding and entering data; check and correct entry for input errors
• Gather and record statistical information for reporting purposes
• Assist with travel arrangements as necessary
• Prepare and assemble large mail-outs
• Assist prospective clients and co-workers by explaining steps, appropriate forms, procedures and program requirements for transactions, services and other program activities
• Monitor and maintain office supplies and materials
• Assist with maintaining program database
• Assist in scheduling and coordinating meetings
• Assist with special projects
• Other duties as assigned
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
Spending Authority: N/A
Other Authority: N/A
NECESSARY SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Proficient in MS Office programs and familiar with databases
• Ability to communicate and deal effectively with individuals displaying trauma responses
• Ability to work independently and perform assignments with moderate direction
• Ability to read, comprehend, explain and apply written procedures
• Excellent business communication skills
• Working knowledge of filing and record keeping systems
• Familiarity with Tlingit, Haida and Tsimshian cultures
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skills)
• High School Diploma or GED,
• 1 year of experience (paid or volunteer) performing duties related to office or clerical support.
• Minimum typing speed of 40 words per minute.
• Valid Drivers License (may be a requirement for some appointments.)
UNUSUAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OR RESTRICTIONS
The majority of work is performed in a professional office setting and is generally sedentary, requiring routine walking, standing, bending, and carrying of items weighing less than 40 lbs. Travel on small aircraft or ferry may be required.
CONDITIONS OF HIRE:
• All employment at Tlingit & Haida is “at will”. This means that the employee or Tlingit & Haida may terminate employment at any time and for any reason. Unless specified in writing, no term of employment is expressed or implied for this position
• Tlingit & Haida is a no tolerance workplace. All regular employees must pass an initial and random drug and alcohol screening to be eligible for and maintain employment.
• Tlingit & Haida requires a criminal background check for the safety of our clients. All employment offers are conditional until Tlingit & Haida has received a Federal criminal background check verifying eligibility to work in these programs.
Your application was submitted successfully.