Resident Manager (Female)
Job Class: Volunteer
Department: Reentry & Recovery
Type of Position: Volunteer
Location of Work: Juneau, AK
Covered Position: Yes
Salary Grade(s): In Kind
Prepared by: T. Eames/J. Wise
Hours of Work: 10pm – 7am
Employment Category: Volunteer
Effective Date: 11/01/2020
Reside in the reentry and recovery transitional housing facility for women and provide a stable presence throughout the night in support of residents. Act as a mentor and assist residents as necessary. Volunteer will receive no-cost housing for the duration of the period of service in order to carry out volunteer duties at the Tlingit & Haida housing facility.
Reports To: Housing & Reentry Coordinator
Liaison To: N/A
• Reside in the Tlingit & Haida housing facility and be present from 10:00pm until 7:00am unless previous arrangements have been made with the appropriate department staff
• Complete and record housing curfew checks at 10:00pm and 7:00am
• In case of an emergency, notify appropriate authorities and department staff
• Keep log of incidents within the facility, document relevant conversations, ideas and/or suggestions regarding the program and share relevant information with incoming staff
• Establish and maintain relationships with the residents and be welcoming of new participants
• Collaborate with housing program staff regarding chore assignments and activity calendars
• Preserve confidentiality of all residents, staff and volunteers
• Maintain a commitment to recovery, participant empowerment and the ability to support residents
• Other duties as assigned
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
Spending Authority: N/A
Other Authority: N/A
NECESSARY SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Knowledge of local service agencies and community resources
• Ability to read and interpret procedures to make conclusions and decisions
• Knowledge of reentry and recovery pathways
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to practice tact, courtesy, and discretion
• Must be capable of handling unexpected situations or conflict with tact and professionalism
• Familiarity with Tlingit, Haida, and Tsimshian cultures
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skills)
• Must have CPR/First Aid certification or be willing to obtain within the first month of employment
• Minimum 2 years’ experience working with a group-living population or in direct services
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skills)
• Experience in multiple recovery pathways
• 4 years’ experience working with a group-living population or in direct services
UNUSUAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OR RESTRICTIONS
The majority of work is performed in a professional office setting and is generally sedentary, requiring routine walking, standing, bending, and carrying of items weighing less than 40 lbs. Travel on small aircraft or ferry may be required. This position may only be filled by a female. Those with sex offenses will not qualify for this position.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE:
• This is a strictly volunteer position, and no term of employment is expressed or implied. There is no guarantee that it will be a long-term position, or that the volunteer will be considered for employment opportunities at Tlingit & Haida. This means that the volunteer or Tlingit & Haida may end the volunteer relationship at any time and for any reason with or without prior notice.
• Tlingit & Haida is a no tolerance environment. With the exception of medications legitimately prescribed by a medical provider, individuals are not permitted to use or bring drugs or alcohol on Tlingit & Haida’s premises.
• Tlingit & Haida requires that volunteers disclose any and all prior criminal history upon application to the position and complete a criminal background check prior to their service. While prior criminal history is not automatically disqualifying, individuals with a history of sex offenses will not be considered. Failure to disclose prior criminal history in the volunteer application will disqualify an applicant.
• Volunteer will not receive any compensation or other benefits and will be responsible for all other costs of living.
This Volunteer Position Description describes the essential functions and qualifications of the position described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities, or qualifications of the position. This is not a contract. Your signature indicates that you have read this Volunteer Position Description and understand the essential functions of and qualifications for the position.
Your application was submitted successfully.