Records Management Specialist
Job Class: Specialist Class Status: Active
Department: Program Compliance
Type of Position: Non-Exempt
Location of Work: Juneau, AK
Covered Position: Yes
Salary Grade(s): 8/9
Prepared by: V.Hillman/J.Wise
Hours of Work: M-F, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Employment Category: Regular, Full-Time
Effective Date: 01.01.2020
Records Management Specialist will be responsible for auditing the tribal enrollment hard paper files for accuracy and make the necessary changes in the electronic data management system. Incumbent will assist in data system conversions.
Reports To: Department Director
Liaison To: N/A
• Perform a variety of analytical and administrative duties involved in the development, implementation, and administration of the tribal enrollment records management program as well as the development of uniform systems and procedures for filing records and materials in various media formats
• Set up and maintain a filing and retrieval system
• Review tribal citizen paper files for completeness and accuracy
• Correct data errors of all tribal citizen enrollment records from hard file to electronic file
• Maintain both hard and electronic files
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
Spending Authority: N/A
Other Authority: N/A
NECESSARY SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Understanding of records management, scanning and document preservation, document management software, and the workflow management system
• Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage duties efficiently and within established timeframes
• Ability to work collaboratively
• Strong communication skills and ability to work independently without supervision
• Exhibit working knowledge of administering an electronic document management system
• Knowledge of Tribal Enrollment preparation and functions of reports
• Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skills)
• Associate degree in Records Management or Database Management
• Two years Technician level in tribal enrollment or four years experience in tribal enrollment or related field
Substitution for Associate degree:
• High school diploma
• Four years’ experience in Records Management or related field
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skills)
• Working with data conversion/migration
UNUSUAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OR RESTRICTIONS
The majority of work is performed in a professional office setting and is generally sedentary, requiring routine walking, standing, bending, and carrying of items weighing less than 40 lbs. Travel on small aircraft or ferry may be required.
CONDITIONS OF HIRE:
• All employment at Tlingit & Haida is “at will”. This means that the employee or Tlingit & Haida may terminate employment at any time and for any reason. Unless specified in writing, no term of employment is expressed or implied for this position.
• Tlingit & Haida is a no tolerance workplace. All regular employees may be required to pass a pre-employment and subsequent random drug and alcohol screening to be eligible for and maintain employment.
• Tlingit & Haida requires a criminal background check be conducted on all employees. All employment offers are conditional until federal criminal background check results verify your eligibility to work for Tlingit & Haida
Your application was submitted successfully.