Job Class: Technician
Type of Position: Non-Exempt
Location of Work: Juneau, AK
Covered Position: Yes
Salary Grade(s): 7
Prepared by: W. Brown/ J. Wise
Hours of Work: M-F, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Employment Category: Regular, Full-Time
Effective Date: 10.1.18
Under the direct supervision of the Coordinator the incumbent will staff events at the Elizabeth Peratrovich Hall (EPH). Ensure EPH is set up according to established requirements/standards. Provide excellent customer service and event preparation. Represent the Tribe in a professional manner, in appearance and mannerisms.
Reports To: Social Enterprise Manager
Liaison To: N/A
• Assist Event coordinator with preliminary planning and wrap up of events
• Assist, Events coordinator with walk through and set up.
• Facilitate set-up of room and A/V system
• Perform all necessary pre-event checks, as required
• Assist with event break-down and clean up after events
• Maintain equipment, including microphones, speakers, video screens, projectors, video monitors, recording equipment, connecting wires and cables, sound and mixing boards
• Test and resolve equipment issues
• Monitor sound feeds to ensure quality
• Work with computer controlled lighting equipment
• The position involves a high degree of exposure, working with all levels of staffing and visitors including executive management and other high profile figures
• Ensure all equipment is properly stored
• Perform other duties as assigned
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
Spending Authority: N/A
Other Authority: N/A
NECESSARY SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Team player with a positive attitude in the workplace
• Reliability and trustworthiness
• Attention to detail
• Able to perform duties without direct supervision
• Flexibility in assignments and requests
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skills)
• High school diploma
• Must be able to tolerate extended periods of standing or walking.
• Basic understanding of A/V components and operations
• Basic lighting skills
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skills)
• Experience in similar role in either corporate, education or events industry
• Experience within a live music or Theatre based role
• Experience with Networking, IP and Wi-Fi maintenance, installation or professional use
UNUSUAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OR RESTRICTIONS
The majority of work is performed in a professional office setting and is generally sedentary, requiring routine walking, standing, bending, and carrying of items weighing less than 40 lbs. Travel on small aircraft or ferry may be required.
CONDITIONS OF HIRE:
• All employment at Tlingit & Haida is “at will”. This means that the employee or Tlingit & Haida may terminate employment at any time and for any reason. Unless specified in writing, no term of employment is expressed or implied for this position.
• Tlingit & Haida is a no tolerance workplace. All regular employees may be required to pass a pre-employment and subsequent random drug and alcohol screening to be eligible for and maintain employment.
• Tlingit & Haida requires a criminal background check be conducted on all employees. All employment offers are conditional until federal criminal background check results verify your eligibility to work for Tlingit & Haida.